This letter is to compliment you and your team on the excellent and thorough job you have done on your treatments to prevent pests and insects from entering our home. Your team members remove bugs and cobwebs from the house before spraying which was never done by the pest control company we had at our previous home. You have prevented pests from entering our newly built home which was not the case with the previous pest control company at the previous house we built.
Dick & Nancy
Termidor for Termite Defense
Termites cause over $6 billion of damage annually in the U.S. alone. Having a pest professional protect your home with Termidor® termiticide/insecticide is the best way to rest assured it won’t become a part of that statistic.
Termidor is America’s #1 termite defense product, and there's simply no other termite control product that works better or delivers more reliable termite protection. It is applied only by qualified professionals and is formulated and manufactured by a company that cares and stands behind its products.
How a Termidor Termite Treatment Works
To control subterranean termites, a liquid Termidor® termiticide/insecticide termite treatment is applied with precision along the foundation walls or exterior perimeter of your home. The treatment uses time-tested application methods at very low rates. It is virtually odor free and won't cause any disruption to your family's normal routines.
Termidor binds tightly to the soil to create the “Termidor Zone.” Since this protective termite treatment zone is undetectable to termites, termites can't avoid it and will not try to find a way around it (as they can with repellent termite treatments).
The Unique Termidor “Transfer Effect™”
Whenever a termite touches Termidor, it can become a “carrier,” transferring Termidor to other termites it contacts. Secondary carriers continue transferring Termidor to other termites they contact, spreading it like a virus throughout the colony. This unique “Transfer Effect™” is one of the reasons no other termite treatment can control termites like Termidor.
Checkups Are Recommended
Regular follow-up inspections and monitoring are the keys to maintaining your Termidor protection and controlling termites over time. Thorough inspections will also ensure that the Termidor Zone hasn’t been disrupted by subsequent home improvements, alterations, or landscaping.
What to look for
Most termite species live underground. They seek moisture and position themselves near or underneath the foundation of your home. Common signs of an infestation include:
- White or brown in color
- Soft, straight abdomens
- Varied in size, commonly around ¼ inch
- Mud tubes The easiest sign to detect. These pencil-width paths lead from the nest to your home. Check the surrounding land, outer foundation wall, any crawl spaces and your basement.
- Swarms Reproductive termites will swarm primarily between spring and early summer depending on location. Check for this type of termite and the wings they shed. Shed wings can often be found near windowsills, as winged termites are attracted to light.
- Conductive conditions Termites are attracted to certain conditions that help assist their development. Look for wood in direct contact with soil, and high moisture in and around your home. Try to correct these conditions to prevent further termite entry into your home.
- Weakened wood Long, thin cracks and sagging can mean wood has been hollowed out by termites.